I had totally forgotten how much paper is involved. I am just looking at the dossier requirements. These are the items that we will send to Ukraine once we get our federal approval here in the US.
They are
1. Home study
2. Agency license
3. Social worker's license
4. Letter from Agency about social worker
5. Immigration approval (I 171H)
6. Passport copies
7. State police "no crimal record" letters
8. Employment verifications
9. Medical certificates for all of us
10. Copy of doctors' licenses
11. Marriage certificate
12. Letter of obligation to adopted child
13. Petition to adopt orphan child
14. Power of attorney
15. Copy of deed of our home
16. Tax returns
17. Description of our house from county tax office
And they all have to be notarized and authenticated by the state. Also, the docs will expire in 6 months, so most we will have to redo before we travel. That's it. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment