I am really getting anxious, and I'm wanting to buy clothes and things for our new little one or ones. BUT, since we are unsure of what age our new little one or ones will be, this is really hard. With Colin, we knew that we were adopting a boy around two. So, I had his room ready and everything. This time, we are in a different situtation. We are going to request one or two children, boys or girls, under age 8. BIG difference!
I saw some cute backpacks yesterday, and I almost bought them. One looked like it was for a little boy--blue and green--and one was pink with hearts on it. I think what I'll do is buy some things to bring, and if we don't need them, someone will surely need the items in Ukraine.
I added a counter on the top of the blog. This is counting down the days until our dossier submission. As of today, about three and a half months till it is submitted. Then the SDA will look over our papers and hopefully assign a date for our appointment. Not too long! We will start getting all of our paperwork ready to send over when school is out--end of May. We also have to get our home study updated, but that isn't too much of a pain at all. Hoping the next months go by quickly. . .
“All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.”
---Leo Tolstoy
Tell me about now knowing what to buy! We're requesting up to two kiddos 1-5 and either sex. I've already bought some little girl clothes w/ the same idea you had, if the child we adopt can't wear them, I'll give them to the orphanage.
ReplyDelete